Do you already know data modeling and want more?
Take the Advanced Data Modeling Challenges Workshop! This two-day course sharpens your data modeling skills by having you tackle over 20 data modeling exercises. The exercises are based on actual assignments, each containing essential data modeling tips and techniques.
This is an interactive workshop is for those who already know data modeling fundamentals and who are seeking more advanced techniques.
In this Masterclass, you will first apply a best practices approach to building and validating data models through the Data Model Scorecard™, a tool for verifying data model quality. You will then focus on a collection of intermediate and advanced modeling techniques, including advanced normalization and enterprise data modeling. The final section contains guidelines used to gain consistency across data models in areas such as in abstraction and whether to star schema or snowflake.
- How to apply the Data Model Scorecard™
- Advanced normalization rules and limitations of the logical data model
- A value-driven approach to building the enterprise data model
- Techniques for converting the logical into a physical design
- Factors to consider in deciding whether to Star Schema or Snowflake
- Three key questions to ask yourself before you abstract
- When to use a surrogate key
A full description of the course is available here.