Data Modeling Zone (DMZ) is an annual conference in the US, Europe and Asia Pacific that is designed to sharpen your information strategy and data modelling skills. DMZ is the only international event that explores best practices data modelling and strategy that exposes the practices of experienced data practices proven to lift performance.
Understanding data is at the centre of successful digital transformation, especially is your aspiration is to become analytics-led, or data-centric organisation. Data models and a range of tools can help master your data and change the way data can drive your business strategy.
Data models communicate data requirements from business, and within IT between analysts, modellers, architects, database designers and developers. Insight from data models unlock customer information that is essential for digital services and leads to greater potential for AI, machine learning and managing fundamental change.
Data modelling, data quality and clear strategy are critical to effective data management as they:
- Create a common vocabulary for data
- Capture explicit knowledge about an organisation’s data, interactions and systems
- Serve as a primary communication tool for change projects
- Provide a blueprint to create, customise, integrate or replace software.
- Digital disruption has increased the use of artificial intelligence, and as a result the data skills in demand are more strategic and analytical.
These skills include the ability to:
- Manage information complexity, dealing with broadening uses, sources, and types of data
- Work with technology change and rapid obsolescence
- Adapt new data structures like Graph, NoSQL, and document data
- Gather more complex requirements and understand fact-based modelling techniques and how they work well with schema-less data
- Build and maintain enterprise models that illustrate the future information architectures of an organisation and support change
Join us at DMZ Asia Pacific. It’s a place to next work with your peers or learn from experts in the field who share their knowledge openly.
VIEW THE PROGRAM HERE
Peter Aiken’s book The Case for the Chief Data Officer has been published in China with the title: Chief Data Officer Combat!
Identify with that? The illusion to the classic 11th Century text, The Art of War, gives some insight into the depth of understanding and know how that Peter brings to his presentations.
Peter Aiken is widely acknowledged as a leading data management (DM) authority. He is a practising data consultant, author, and researcher, and he has been delivering high-performance solutions in DM for more than 30 years. His expertise is sought by some of the world’s highest profile organisations, and his achievements recognised internationally. Peter presented in Canberra in 2017 and his message was so on the mark for Chief Data Officers and their colleagues, we asked him to come back again is 2018.
Steve Hoberman has trained more than 10,000 people in data modeling since 1992. Steve has written many books on data modeling including the bestseller Data Modeling Made Simple. One of Steve’s frequent data modeling consulting assignments is to review data models using his Data Model Scorecard technique. He is the founder of the Design Challenges group, Conference Chair of the Data Modeling Zone conference, frequent blogger, recipient of the 2012 Data Administration Management Association (DAMA) International Professional Achievement Award, and highest rated tutorial presenter at Enterprise Data World 2014 and 2015.